Eastern Ultrasound for Women is a Melbourne specialist medical clinic that performs 2D, 3D and 4D ultrasound scans.
Ultrasound scans are performed by Dr Steven Chow who is a specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, as well as a specialist in Obstretric and Gynaecological Ultrasound.
Eastern Ultrasound provides:
- Gynaecological ultrasound (ovarian cysts, fibroids, heavy periods, infertility, pelvic pain)
- First trimester pregnancy scan, including NIPS/NIPT and genetic counselling onsite
- 11½ - 13½ week nuchal translucency scan, including NIPS/NIPT (detect Down syndrome & fetal abnormality)
- 19 - 22 week fetal morphology scan (detect fetal structural abnormality & placental site)
- Third trimester ultrasound for fetal well-being and growth (analyses placental health and fetal size/weight)
3D & 4D pregnancy ultrasound was pioneered in Melbourne by Dr Steven Chow in 1998, which means that no other clinic in Melbourne has the same concentration of personal skill and expertise in producing the best possible 3D & 4D ultrasound scans throughout pregnancy.
Baby Gender can be identified on ultrasound from 12½ weeks onwards (with accuracy of 90%) and at 20 weeks with accuracy of 99%.
Non-Invasive Pre-Natal Screening/Test is a chromosonal test which involves taking a small sample of blood from the forearm vein of a pregnant woman, from 10 weeks onwards. This blood sample contains free fetal DNA used to detect Downs syndrome, trisomy 18, trisomy 13 and chromosonal abnormalities of the sex chromosones.
GE Voluson 730 & E8
Our clinics make use of the Voluson 730 and E8 ultrasound which are top of the line medical ultrasound machines built by General Electric. They perform medical grade ultrasound in stunning 2D, 3D and 4D!